Tuesday, September 7, 2010

My favorite sport.. with a twist.

Venus' U.S. Open outfit


Acceptable or not?

I am a big tennis fan. BIG tennis fan. I've played the sport since I was 13? 14? and love it. (Which reminds me, I need to find a tennis club in this city..)  Critics around the country are claiming that Venus Williams made a bad choice for the U.S. Open. (It's in Flushing, Queens! I wanted to go but decided to put my money towards the Jimmy Eat World Concert instead.) This outfit was form fitting and kept riding up on the star during the match.. not to mention, bedazzled. The commentators of the event even called it distracting.

 I can obviously relate to why Venus would make this choice. In this sport, girls want to look as cute as possible with their spanks under their skirts. I'm actually wearing one right now in class. They're super comfortable to me and since it's black, I can wear it with anything. But with tennis tops, it's mandatory to try to avoid any fashion disaster. This time wasn't such a hot hit for Venus Williams. Who does she have to look cute for, though? Love means nothing in tennis.

No comments:

Post a Comment