Tuesday, September 14, 2010

My first two Fashion Week experiences.

Thursday, September 9th- the very first day to kick off fashion week, and the very first time I got to help at a legit New York Fashion Week show- Silvio Liu. 10:30 A.M. was my call time and I was there until about 4. Arriving was a challenge since I didn't expect Shop Studios to be at such a hidden place! I dressed a few models, watched the show, helped out the models as they stood on the boxes, and helped put shoes and jewelry back where they belonged. The owner, Danny Liu, and the designer, Brian Hood, are both intelligent up-and-coming businessmen in the fashion industry.. and I would most certainly love to meet with them again.

dressing and assisting models for the Silvio Liu show.


Last night was my second volunteer opportunity- working "front of the house" at the Indashio show at the Met Pavilion. I got out of class, caught a "taxi" (was actually a biker) and ran through Times Square & Union Square in the pouring rain thinking I was late... but nope. I was an hour early. At least it was all worth it. I made up the gift bags for the first row of seats, went to the store to get Red Bull, and stood and waited to seat people. This other student from FIT and I were the ones closest to the door, which means we helped the most people. Among the audience, it was said, was Amber Rose (Kanye West's ex-girlfriend, who was modeling), P.Diddy's mother, Angelina from "Jersey Shore", and Reco Chapple from "the Fashion Show."

Reco Chapple (from "the Fashion Show") and myself, taken at my school.


After I finish up my classes, I get to go to the Toni Francesc show tonight! Not only that, but I get to attend the after-party. How? I owe it to the Kelly Cutrone, who gave it all to me for free when I met her the other week. She's truly a fabulous lady. Can't wait to blog about it! Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment