Sunday, September 19, 2010

My final experiences with Fashion Week S/S '11


Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week for the Spring/Summer 2011 collections has come to a close, and what an experience it has been. I ended up working four shows- Silvio Liu, Indashio, Keep Me (and another one, both ran by People's Revolution), and B. Michael.

I blogged about Silvio Liu and Indashio in a previous post. The two shows ran by People's Revolution were obviously my most exciting shows that I worked. If anyone reading this doesn't know what People's Revolution is.. I don't even know where to begin. Not only is it the number one PR firm in the industry, but  ran by one of the most real women in fashion, Kelly Cutrone. I ran into Kelly again backstage at the Toni Francesc show at Lincoln Center:

myself and the Kelly Cutrone

I only got one picture from the 'two for one' show I worked for People's Rev.


not very good quality, but here is a picture I took from the "Keep Me" show

Guests at the show involved Diane Von Furstenberg, Andre Leon Talley, Russell Simmons, and more. "All American Rejects" lead singer Tyson Ritter was also a model for the show. Before the show started, I put together gift bags and ran whatever errands the management needed me to do. Once the show started, I didn't have any other tasks to do so I watched the show, and I watched Kelly work her magic as she directed from the back of the room.

From being in contact with her assistants, I got to attend the Toni Francesc show and also the Davidelfin show. Both were held at Lincoln Center, the new home of fashion week. (The subway station nearby is actually going to be named the Fashion Line.) Toni was actually in the audience for Davidelfin's show. Toni Francesc based his show on an "urban jungle." I got to sit third row! Here are some pictures:





For the Davidelfin show, I sat second row. Here are some pictures from the show:






The final show that I worked for the week was B. Michael America's show at the Plaza Hotel. I seated guests and ran around the city looking for ribbon. (the perks of being a volunteer.) "B's" collection was to raise awareness for the Haiti benefit, and even had Miss Haiti 2010 as a model for his show. Very inspiring!

second row at the B. Michael show after working it beforehand.
Miss Haiti 2010
So now that the Spring/Summer collections for 2011 are done, everyone in the fashion industry has to wait another six months for the craziest week of the year. What an experience it has been, but this is only the beginning.

my friend Corey and myself


No comments:

Post a Comment