Friday, December 10, 2010

Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen: Dynamic Duo

Normally I write about specific trends that occur in the fashion world and on the streets. But this time, I am awing over two of my absolute favorite people. Anyone who knows me personally would have guessed who the "people" are, not by the title, but by speaking to me on a day-to-day basis.
Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen have been seen as legendary fashion icons to millions of people worldwide. The actresses-turned-designers have been recognized by big time magazines, such as People and Elle. Mary-Kate seems to get more recognition for this fashion icon "title." She makes "skinny girls in baggy people look cool," according to People magazine in 2005, when Mary-Kate was only 18. Now that the twins are 24, they have a lot more knowledge and interesting outfits under their belt. They have grown to become true names in the fashion industry, and are now the designers for three different lines; Elizabeth and James, The Row, and Olsenboye. For more information on these lines, check out my previous update about MK&A from October.
Although they both are known for layering and oversized outfits, it isn't ever overdone. They aren't afraid to ever push the boundaries of what styles are acceptable to society. The twins do their own thing when it comes to fashion, and that's what makes them stand out and become icons. Here are some pictures of their different styles:



Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen will always be an inspiration to me in many ways, especially as I move with my studies into the fashion industry myself. I will forever be fond of the dynamic duo.


credit: http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,.html
http://itsinspiration.tumblr.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment