Friday, December 17, 2010

Military, Suede & Olsenboye. What a Joy!

Today (well, practically yesterday...) I went on a holiday shopping spree at the mall.  I shopped for my mother, and of course myself. I'm sure everyone else in the world will at some point during this holiday season if they didn't already!
I am absolutely stoked about all of my purchases. Not a regret ran through my head when I swiped my plastic through the machines each time. That's how I knew I made some good choices.
My first stop (not to mention favorite stop) was J.C.Penney. I don't usually shop there, but I only went in for one specific reason... Olsenboye. Olsenboye is Ashley and Mary-Kate Olsen's less expensive line for teens that they made exclusively for J.C.Penney. Even if it is targeted for teenagers, I obviously had to have my share. Age is just a number, right? If you have read my previous posts, you would know my love for these girls and what they have contributed to the fashion world. The shoes I purchased are shown below. Not only are they black booties, but they are covered in sequins. They scream NYC. I can't wait to rock these in the city.

Olsenboye sequin booties
My next stop was Charlotte Russe to find some simple black suede boots, but it was unsuccessful due to none in my size. I decided to try DEB. Although their shoes are of much lesser quality and have a distinct, semi-gross smell of material to them, they have some pretty cute designs. I ended up spotting some knee high black suede boots.. exactly what I was looking for in the first place. For only 20 dollars, I had to get them. I am hoping the pro of spending that little amount outweighs the con of having my feet smell for the next year that I wear them...

My last shopping stop was a new shoe store at my mall (yes, more shoes!) which was absolutely huge and eye-catching. My friend David (who purchased the Olsenboye shoes for me for my Birthday) was in search of Blowfish shoes for his sister, when another pair caught my eye. Right in front of me were the most gorgeous military boots I have ever seen. Being the shoe-a-holic I am, there was no way I was passing up 20 dollar Unionbay boots that I have wanted for months. The military look has been "in" for quite some time now, and it is unfortunate that I just bought a pair of these classic boots. I see many girls wearing them in the city, and each time I get jealous. Not anymore! I haven't been able to take them off since I got home. Here is a picture below:

Unionbay Military boots
I have learned throughout my hard-working years that it is always a good idea to indulge in something that makes me happy once in awhile. Shopping is that indulgence for me. (Although I once spent $150 on previously owned movies...) Whether you enjoy holiday shopping or not, I hope you had/have a splendid Christmukkah! (As Seth Cohen on the O.C. would say.) Make sure you keep warm!

No comments:

Post a Comment