Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Revlon Silver Dollar

A while ago I discovered Mac Studded, an awesome matte silver polish and I was dying over it ever since. Too bad it was limited edition and Ebay gets too pricey for my blood. Luckily for me I found an awesome metallic silver from Revlon, called Silver Dollar. I thought it over and decided it was worth buying and if anything I could always put a matte top coat over it, so it looks more like Studded.


But look at that!! It's matte! And yes, my nails are gone. It upsets me. While I was fixing my shoe, I hit my nail and it cracked! There was no salvaging it.. so they all had to go. 

Anyway, back to the polish, the coverage is really awesome. I was thinking it would take at least 2 coats, but its great with just one. Its a smooth application, maybe just a touch on the watery side, but that's Revlon for you. They do have another silver one, a Top Speed one, but I'd say this one is better. the finish is real metallic, its not glossy and I chose to leave off the top coat because I love it so much. The wear is also really good so far. 


Here is a picture with flash, just because I thought it looked super coooool. You can see the metallic-ness of it.

This is available everywhere, and there are a lot of polishes like it. Sally Hansen and Orly both have silvers like this, I'm not sure how similar the finish is tho. 

Until next time,
The Wicked

No comments:

Post a Comment