Saturday, April 2, 2011

Matte Nail, Glossy Tip

A few weeks ago a friend of mine mentioned to me that she saw someone on the train that had matte nails with glossy tips, so I decided to try it out and dedicate it to her!

Obviously I used Manglaze Matte is Murder, as you can tell from the bottle. I wanted it black rather than grey so no to Fuggen Ugly and I didn't want to waste my OPI Obscurity since it's a tiny bottle. For the tips I just used Seche Vite, but you can use any top coat you have. It's better to use one thats on the thinner side. Seche is pretty thick, so you have to make sure you keep the coat thin enough that it won't be lumpy. 

When I get my matte top coat I'll probably try the opposite manicure, glossy nails with matte tips. I like the look of it with the different textures. I think it would also look cool with the OPI Suedes.

Until next time,
The Wicked

No comments:

Post a Comment