Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Another Big Change in My Life.

I figured I would give a little more personal insight on my life for this post.

As apparent as it is on this blog, I am a fashion student who lives in NYC. I currently attend LIM College (Laboratory Institute of Merchandising). FIT, the Fashion Institute of Technology, was always my dream school from day one. After sleepless nights of worrying if I would get in or not, and bugging my friends constantly to tell me it would happen, I unfortunately didn't make it in last semester. I figured I would give it one more try, so I applied for the Spring '11 semester. I recently received a phone call from my mother that I had gotten a big letter in the mail with "Congratulations" on the envelope, and I went into shock mode. I actually made it into FIT. THE world-wide known Fashion Institute. From the tennis team, to the WFIT broadcasting club, it seems like a perfect fit even more.. one year later. LIM College is a wonderful school. I have learned so much this semester, even though none of my credits transfer. I guess knowledge really is power in this situation. Their marketing program is wonderful, and the professors are straight from the industry. But for financial purposes, more experiences, and more opportunities, I need to make the switch for myself, for my goals, and for my life long dreams and aspirations.

So as I take my very last final exam here at LIM College tomorrow, I will be saying "farewell" and "it's been real" to this great college, and hello to becoming an FIT Tiger. I am interested and excited to see what awaits me.

No comments:

Post a Comment