Saturday, September 3, 2011

Glitter Gradient!

I've been meaning to do a gradient look for a while now, and I figured I'd start out with one using a glitter.

(shade)

(sun)
This is Forever 21 nail polish in Silver over two coats of Essie Dive Bar. About the glitter in general, Its really fine silver and holo glitter in a clear base. The glitter is pretty packed in there, but doesn't quite get opaque if you layer it since it is so fine. The holo in this is freaking amazing and beautiful and I love it. Saw it, had to buy it.

Now in term of the gradient, first I did the two coats of Dive Bar and let them dry and then I did an all over coat of glitter, then another coat starting about half way down my nail, then a last coat at the very tip. So the father down the nail, the more coats of glitter I had. I finished it off with Seche Vite. It looks really cool in the sunlight as you can see from the picture, but my camera failed to capture in it the shade, it definitely doesn't look that sandy, but it definitely shines (figuratively and literally) in the sunlight. 

So, that's my first gradient, I think it came out rather well. It might have been a little better if the glitter wasn't so dense. I'll have to try with some cremes and other things.

Until next time,
The Wicked

No comments:

Post a Comment