Monday, October 31, 2011

Happy Halloween! Ke$ha Nails!

Happy Halloween everyone! I love halloween, but sadly I didn't get home until 10:30 today so I had to completely miss it. :( But I did celebrate the halloweekend as Ke$ha! And I thought I would share my official halloween mani!




I love them. Everything here is pretty basic: Sinful Colors Black on Black, Revlon Silver Dollar, Manglaze Matte-astrophe, Revlon Golden, OPI Sanguine and OPI Simmer &Shimmer. For the Simmer & Shimmer, I used my blow pen technique. The only semi complicated thing is on both my middle fingers. On the top photo my middle finger is completely covered in gold leaf, and on the bottom photo the tip of the nail is gold leafed. I was inspired by this photo.  

In terms of the gold leaf, I bought a bag of gold leaf flakes at the craft store, not sheets of gold leaf. I first applied a base coat on my nail and while it was still wet I dipped my finger in the gold leaf and let them dry a little then smoothed it out. I did top it with Seche Vite, but it didn't do much, it was still rough after two coats. But it's really easy to do (even though the flakes tend to fly around everywhere) and looks really cool.

Until next time,
The Wicked

No comments:

Post a Comment