Sunday, November 13, 2011

Kirsten Dunst opens up everything (Including dress)

Kirsten Dunst decided to seek help for her depression and came out a better person.

While promoting her new movie Melancholia on The Ellen Show, Kirsten Dunst opened up for the first time about her own experiences with depression.


“There’s no way to bring it up without saying what it is – you suffered from depression,” began Ellen Degeneres.

While Dunst shared that she’s not comfortable talking about her personal battle, she admitted that her depression and time spent in rehab back in 2008 was due to the pressures of fame. “I dealt with it. Yeah. That and it's also interesting as an actress you're supposed to be sensitive and vulnerable and have this side to you. But then your supposed to be super sociable and 'on' and like nice to everybody. That's a weird dichotomy. It's a lot to ask of a person. It's not a normal thing."

The actress has been acting since the age of 10 and growing up in the spotlight took a toll on her. So much so that she checked herself into the Cirque Lodge Treatment Center in Utah to start over. "I definitely took a little bit of a break. And also, when you're in your 20s you need figure things out and take a step back. I had been acting so long, all my life. I think I just needed a little bit of some perspective. It was good for me and it re-inspired what I do, too."

According to Gather, Dunst is taking precautions to make sure that while she is back in the limelight she doesn’t spiral downward, including staying away from Hollywood parties. “I avoid the red carpet as much as possible. You have to do it to promote your movies obviously, but you won’t see me at an event just for the sake of it.”

No comments:

Post a Comment