Sunday, November 27, 2011

Revlon Carbonite

So this is Revlon's dupe of Chanel Graphite. Classic move by Revlon, they did the same for Chanel Black Pearl with their Black with Envy.

shade

direct sunlight

indirect sunlight
Carbonite, two coats. I'm not even sure how to describe this polish, the glitter is so mixed in to the base that you can't really differentiate the color of the base and the color of the glitter. It is similar to Graphite but not an exact copy (the same goes for Black with Envy). As far as I can tell, Graphite has a much more metallic, foily look to it in the sunlight. 

In terms of the formula, its actually better than I expected. It was opaque in one coat, but I usually use two. The finish is also a lot smoother than other glittery polish, more like a foil polish. I do like it, but it needs a something, Graphite is a little more interesting. 

I know this is pretty late, this color has been out for a while and I've had it for a good amount of time, just never got around to posting about it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment