Thursday, January 20, 2011

OPI Sanguine!

So I am usually not a red polish fan, but this changed my mind.

This is an amazing dark, garnet type color and it was beautiful. I have to admit that after I put it on, it did take me a little while to get used to and when I did I fell in love. In the picture I have on 2 coats, but I probably could have gone with 3. Also, I didn't use a top coat because it was pretty glossy as is, but I think I really should have. I felt like the glossy finish kind of faded after a few days and the top coat would have helped retain it.

Seriously though I wish I had this color for my senior prom. I had red polish, but this one would have been 100x more awesome.

The application is good as long as you have enough polish on the brush and the formula is great. It dries pretty fast, which I was pleasantly surprised about.

I really wanted to do a lacey looking Konad stamp over this color, I thought it would look awesome. But when I tried, the color was just too dark and you really couldn't see the black stamp over it. I might try it with a brighter red or a white and I'll probably post it. Also, next I'm going to put up Unripened ( I was most excited about that one out of the whole collection).

On a side note, everyone seriously needs to check out http://www.scrangie.com/. She posted the new Illamasqua collection for Valentines day. The collection itself is decent, nothing really special, but the promo pick is effing RIDICULOUSLY AMAZING. I'm kind of in love with it. So definitely check that out!!

Until next time,
The Wicked

No comments:

Post a Comment