Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Manglaze Mayo!

I was going to continue on with the OPI Spookettes, but then my Manglaze consolation prize came in the mail on Monday and it came with a mini of Mayo! I was so excited because I've been wanting to buy it since it was released but just never had the effort. But now I have it!


First, bottle shots! I always love the Manglaze bottle art.




(finally a good picture on the first try!)
Mayo, four coats. Kind of reminds me of a white wall, pretty cool. When you apply the polish it looks pretty iridescent and shiny, but then it dries and loses most of that. You can kind of see the sparkle in really direct sunlight, but just slightly. 

The formula was slightly sheer, that's why it took so many coats. I was debating about leaving it at three coats, but I kept looking at my nails and I could still see my nail beds which was just annoying so I had to do the fourth coat. Just to warn you, you need to let each layer dry before applying the next one or it will take forever to dry. Even though it may look dry because it becomes matte right away, it probably really isn't dry. So just beware of that.

But I couldn't break my all Halloween nail challenge, so I had to add to the Mayo! I was going to do a ghost but then got lazy and did candy corn instead! The yellow is Sally Hanses Insta-Dri in Lightening and the orange is OPI He's My Boo, from Spookettes. I did it all free hand pretty quickly, so excuse any not completely straight lines. Should I do all my nails like this? Hmm, I think its really cute. Definitely like it more than I thought I would.

So next the nest post will be He's My Boo. After I used it today, I'm pretty impressed and excited about really testing it out. 

Until next time,
The Wicked

No comments:

Post a Comment