Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Tips For Doing Your Nails Part 2!

A while ago I wrote a post with some tips for doing your nails, and since I'm liking the nails inc polishes too much to take them off and swatch I've decided to do a part 2!

1. Don't forget your tips!
This is something I feel like a lot of people over look, sometimes I do it myself. But making sure to paint the very tips of your nails has some benefits. First of all, it really completes the manicure and looks much more finished. Also it really helps with chipping, especially on longer nails. If the tips of your nails are polished they will start chipping first, protecting the polish on top of your nails from chipping. It's genius! I suggest doing two or three coats on your tips, one of two of polish then a final coat of top coat.

2. Cuticle care
Your cuticles are very important! And its very important not to forget about them. Not all people have perfect cuticles, myself included. I suggest using cuticle cream or cuticle oil to keep your cuticles moisturized and healthy.

3. Moisturize
Lotion, lotion, lotion! Keeping your hands moisturized is very important, especially as the weather is getting cooler and winter approaches! Lotion won't only moisturize your hands, but it will also help your cuticles!

4. Base coats are people too!
They aren't really. But they are polishes and they are important! Using a base coat is probably one of the most important, if not most important part of doing your nails. In reality, nail polish remover and nail polish are pretty damn harmful and bad for your nails, especially if you change your polish often. Fortifying base coats are essential in keeping your nails healthy and protected! I use Rejuvacote by Duri and swear by it.

Hope these tips were helpful!

Until next time,
The Wicked

No comments:

Post a Comment