Sunday, November 6, 2011

nails inc. special effects overglaze polish preview!

During the Sephora friends and family sale, I got two of the three new nails inc sets. These sets feature a pair of polishes, one dark creme and one amazing fleck/flakie overglaze top coat. Each pairing has a different creme and a different overglaze top coat. I was originally going to show you swatches of the Wyndham Collection but I did them pretty sloppily and yeah...


Left to right:
Donmar Collection
Wyndham Collection

So first up, the Donmar Collection

front of the box

back of the box

flash

no flash
Left to right:
Chlesea- Plum black
The Donmar overglaze

In the flash photo you can really see the color of Chelsea and in the no flash photo you can see the flecks in The Donmar. On the front and back of each box you can see an example of what the polishes are supposed to look like. In person, in the bottle, you can see that the flecks in The Donmar flash from green/blue to yellow and orange/red.


Next, The Wyndham

front of box

back of box


flash

no flash
Left to right:
Kensington- Teal Black
The Wyndham Overglaze

Once again, in the flash photo you can see the color of Kensington and in the no flash you can see the flecks in the The Wyndham. The flecks in The Wyndham flash from green to teal to blue.

The last collection is the Old Vic collection, which features a black creme polish and a blue fleck overglaze. Once I saw a swatch of Old Vic I was super tempted to buy it, but I don't really need another black creme polish. I wish that the overglaze top coats came separately, because I would have bought all three! Each set is $20 (that's why I took advantage of the friends and family sale), but for all of you who missed that sale, there is going to be another one coming up but I'll let you know more details when that gets closer.

Until next time,
The Wicked

No comments:

Post a Comment