Monday, March 5, 2012

Wet n Wild Spoiled For CVS Pet My Peacock!

So, I almost forgot that I had to do a post today. Whoops, I fail, but good thing I remembered so lets get on with it shall we? Oh, I would suggest enlarging the pics so you can see them better.

Bottle Macro! Close up of Pet My Peacock (yeah, the name). 
This is a clear base with purple, blue, tealy-green, silver and light gold hexagonal glitter.

One coat of Pet My Peacock over one coat of Sinful Colors Black on Black.

Two coats of Pet My Peacock over one coat of Sinful Colors Black on Black.

This is a kind of chunky glitter, it's not really chunky per say, just the glitter/sequin pieces are pretty big. I love the color combination it definitely reminds me of a peacock. 

Now, the downsides. The formula is pretty bad, kind of thick and you don't get much glitter per swipe. What you have to do is get as much base off your brush as you can while still keeping most of the glitter and the easiest way to get a more even coat of glitter is to dab it on your nails instead of actually painting your nails. Also, the brush is like the one in Bite Me, unevenly cut and wide and just not that great.

But I do really like the color, so it's not a complete loss. I can work around a crappy formula. Now that I think about it, some nail polish thinner might actually really help. I'll have to try that and report my findings!


Until next time,
The Wicked

No comments:

Post a Comment