Sunday, April 15, 2012

Seche Vite vs. Essie Good To Go

About a month ago, a friend of mine and I were talking about top coats and she told me how much she loved Essie Good To Go, so I naturally had to try it out. I've been using it in comparison to Seche Vite for a little over a week now and here are my findings!

Seche Vite, I swear by it. 

Essie Good To Go, a new love of mine.

In terms of formula, Seche Vite starts out a nice texture but then tends to get pretty thick after it's opened, and when that happens there is more of a chance the polish getting bubbly. Last time I used it, my thumb was so bubbly I could not take it. I haven't had anything like this happen with G2G as of yet. It hasn't gotten any thicker than when I opened the bottle, but I'll be monitoring that since it's a new bottle.

In terms of dry time, they are both quick dry top coat so they dry super fast. After dry, they are both super glossy and create a hard protective layer. You don't have to wait for your polish o be dry to add a top coat, but it does take a little longer to dry that way, I like to let my polish at least set before adding a top coat, to speed it up. I didn't find a difference in dry time when base polish was wet vs dry.

Both build up around the neck of the bottle, but Seche gets thick and makes it a little difficult to fully close the bottle sometimes, while G2G is thinner and the polish chips off the neck. 

In terms of discoloration, I haven't had any problems with either top coat discoloring polishes. Usually top coats intensify the color and make it brighter and glossier. Occasionally white polish can get a little discolored over time, even with a top coat, I've had this happen with Seche but it's not that drastic or noticeable. I've tested both on white and there was no immediate discoloration, but I assume that's just the nature of white polish.. just like white clothes lol But I'm still testing this out.


Until next time,
The Wicked

No comments:

Post a Comment