Sunday, June 19, 2011

Orly Bubbly Bombshell

First and foremost I want to say HAPPY FATHER'S DAY!!! Now, on to the polish! This is the last of the Orly's and it is the only one from the Pinup collection.

Bubbly Bomshell, three coats. On the press release this looked much more purple, but it is very magenta. It is a glitter so it needed three coats to be completely opaque. Its really nice and has a foil like effect from varying sizes of glitter, it's almost metallic-y. Very interesting. The formula was great, nice consistency and good coverage, the glitter isn't very sparse, but it does need more than one coat,

This is an idea I had ever since I saw the press release for the Pinup collection. What goes better with pinups than fishnets?!! Absolutely nothing! So this my take on a pinup mani (it's a little sloppy, I apologize). Its kind of a play on naughty and nice, very pinup like and I liked the contrast between regular black and the super sparkly Bubbly Bombshell. For the fishnet I used my trusty Konad, the M57 plate and the Konad black stamping polish. Then I free handed the tips with Nicole by OPI Razzle Dazzler, which was a little difficult to use since it was almost empty, so I got a new black hooray!! And finally Seche to smooth everything out. I think it turned out pretty well, if my black polish wasn't empty the tips would have come out better, but what can you do?

Until next time,
The Wicked

No comments:

Post a Comment