Thursday, December 15, 2011

Barielle Elle's Spell

Yay! the final Barielle polish!




One coat of Elle's Spell over Edgy. You can see more of a range of colors in the flakes in this one. In the bottle you can see the full range that really doesn't show up on the nail. This is my favorite combo of the bunch.


One coat of Elle's Spell over Do Unto Others. Because of the green/blue base coat, this ended up looking more purple which I think its pretty cool. I like the orange/red flecks with the purple base.


One coat of Elle's Spell over Ecstasy. You lose a lot of the color range in the flakes on this one. It's mostly orange, and you can only see the green on extreme angles.

I was thinking about showing it over Angelic and by itself but then I decided against it. The base is a sheer raspberry type shade and it just looks odd over the bare nail. Angelic is too light and sheer, so Elle's Spell looks the same over Angelic as bare nails. 

I love flakie polishes, but this one falls a little short for me in terms of the flake color range that actually shows up. I'd really love to see more of the green (which you can see in the first couple of photos of the bottle), I really love it in the bottle, but it just doesn't have the same effect on the nails. I also like that it looks different when layered over different colored n ail polishes, which gives you more options when using it. The formula on it is good and I think there's a decent amount of flakes, so no complaints with that. 

Until next time,
The Wicked

No comments:

Post a Comment