Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Christmas Nails: Holiday Lights!

I hope everyone had a very merry Christmas / enjoying the last day of Hanukkah! Since the holidays crept upon me then came and went so quickly, I didn't even have time to think about a holiday mani. But on Christmas day I felt like a super loser and needed to do something, and so I did this mani about 45 minutes before I had to leave the house lol

Holiday lights! Cute right?
I started with two coats of OPI Alpine Snow then I took thread, yes actual black thread, and laid it over the polish. You have to work with it a little and shape it the way you like. Preferably, you'd want the polish to be a little tacky so the thread will stick. That didn't really work out for me as the polish magically dried really fast, so I had to pat it down a little in order for it to stay put. 
After the thread was in place I took a tooth pick to make the little lights. I used a bunch of colors: blue, green, yellow and red, kind of classic holiday lights. You can really use any colors you like and have on hand. 
Then I used Seche Vite to smooth it all out. You can still feel the thread after one coat of Seche, so I added another and for the most part, you can still feel the thread, but I decided to just stop after two coats. 

Did you guys do any holiday manis or makeup?

Until next time,
The Wicked

No comments:

Post a Comment