Monday, December 5, 2011

Milani Jewel FX Gems!

Another one I've had in my stash since around September but just haven't swatched. Actually I did swatch it a few weeks ago but chipped it all off before I actually got photos. Womp. But I have them now so rejoice!

Gems, three coats. So this is a SUPER dense glitter in a clear base. There are large hexagonal pieces in silver, pink, light blue, green, orange and yellow and smaller round pieces in red, silver and dark blue. Being really dense it does take less coats to get it opaque, and being a glitter is dries pretty fast. So you really get the best of most worlds with this one. The glitter spreads pretty evenly, you may have to move a little bit around just to fill in any random empty corners. Also it lays flat of your nail which is awesome. I used two coats of Seche on top. I've never used more than one layer of Seche over anything, but it really does make a difference in smoothing it out. Since there is so much glitter, it is a little rough but the top coat definitely helps with that. And for me, the smoother is it, the less likely I am to pick at it! The one negative about it is because it is so dense it gets cakes on to the neck of the bottle and occasionally chips off and leaves glitter everywhere and it also makes the bottle a little hard to close/open and dip the brush fully into. 

While I'm in my glitter phase, this is a crazy must have. It's pretty much a dupe for Deborah Lippmann Happy Birthday, there are a few differences but I don't the differences are worth spending $16 on, but that's just me. I found this at a Duane Reade for $4.99 I think and it was the last one. There may be a few of these still floating around, but if you can't find them in person, I think cherryculture.com still has them in stock. 

Until next time,
The Wicked

No comments:

Post a Comment