Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Cosmic Nails!

I've been contemplating doing some holiday themed nail art, but the end of December really crept on me! So I have something else thats super fun!

Hah! Love them. Definitely enlarge this to get more detail. 

Close up of my thumb.  I like how swirly it came out, like a real galaxy. 

I used a slew of different things for this:
1. Manglaze Matte as Muder for the base
2. OPI Alpine Snow
3. OPI Siberian Nights
4. Orly Frisky
5. Sinful Colors Nail Junkie
6. Revlon Silver Dollar
7. Forever 21 Silver (small holo glitter)
8. A tooth pick
9. A makeup sponge
10. A top coat (I used Seche Vite)

So, what you have to do is first do the base coat, then use the makeup sponge to make the galaxy looking shapes. I first used Alpine Snow for the shape, then Frisky and Siberian Nights to kind of outline the shape that was in white. Then I moved on to the glitter, also with the make up sponge, Silver Dollar then Nail Junkie around the colored outline. Next,  I used the Forever 21 holo glitter polish and sponged it all over the nail. Then I used a tooth pick to make the white dots that represent stars. Finally a coat of Seche to smooth everything out. So that's the gist or it, I know this is probably pretty confusing without pictures to go along with the instructions, so I can do a tutorial if you guys so wish. 

This was my first try, and it's pretty easy and comes out really cool. Just a note, if you want to use Silver Dollar like I did, definitely be careful with not putting too much on because it's pretty opaque and can muddle the overall look. So there you go, cosmic nails. Totally awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment