Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Gradient and Leopard Print!

I finally learned the trick to gradient nails!

Yes! The polishes I used are Sally Hansen Blue It, Sinful Colors Black on Black, OPI Alpine Snow and Milani Twinkle.

For the gradient nails, I did two coats of Blue It then took a make up sponge, painted a strip of Black on Black and a strip of Blue It and then blotted it on my nail until it looked blended. I could have blotted a little bit more, now that I look back.

Then I did a freehand leopard print on my ring finger. I did a coat of Black on Black as the base then made some spots of Twinkle (which took a little maneuvering of glitter), then used Alpine Snow and a tooth pick to draw the spot outlines. I found that it was much easier to use a toothpick than a detailing brush. A dotting tool would also work, I just don't have one. 

Then I did a coat of Essie Good To Go on every nail. This mani actually lasted almost a week and I did not pick at it once! I really like how it turned out and I'll definitely be trying out some other gradients!

Until next time,
The Wicked

No comments:

Post a Comment