Thursday, February 17, 2011

The End of Fashion Week F/W 2011

Today marked the end of the busiest week of the year in this crazed industry... Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week. Designers scurried around their work rooms, the country, and even internationally to prepare their collections for months in advance. Just imagine: all this work for a 10 minute show!

I was delighted to have the opportunities to help the preparation for two shows this season: Daniel Vosovic & B. Michael America. For Daniel's show, I ushered people outside to minimize confusion of the distinction of two shows that were right back to back next door. In the meantime, I had a mini "celeb" moment when I saw "Miss J" Alexander from America's Next Top Model. I was shocked at how tall he is! The show was at the Metropolitan Pavilion on W. 18th. Daniel had a fabulous set up, including leaves on the runway! After ushering outside, I got to pick a seat in the audience. Here are almost all of the looks from the show. (Excuse my iPhone's incapability to capture great action shots.)



























Of course, being Jen Danczak, I just had to miss the last dress.... and let me tell you, it was phenomenal! It was a gray/white patterned dress with some cutouts. Choker collared, old fashioned "vintage" looks filled the runway, along with some prints. He did a phenomenal job!

The B. Michael America show was hosted at the lavish Plaza Hotel. I helped out backstage prepping the models and keeping the looks in their tip-top shape. A cocktail party took place before the show, and it sure seemed like everyone had a blast! My model only had one outfit change, so I helped call the models making sure they were in line and ready to go when it was their turn to hit the runway after their "dress changes." It was my second show working for B. Michael America, and I sure hope I can help with their charity event next month!

This season was definitely a memorable one. The great Michael Kors (really, he's great. I met him in the Fall) celebrated his 30th year as an incredible designer. Patricia Field turned 70 years old and hosted a Valentine's costume ball that was hosted by Kelly Cutrone. (another wonderful industry woman. One of my LIM College friends volunteered at this event.) Many designers, such as Marc Jacobs (love him) had live feeds streaming from the internet on their websites that could be seen from viewers at home. Talk about having Lincoln Center (or State Armory for Jacobs) right at the tip of your fingers! The most prominent trends that were seen this past week were mostly 70's, prints, leopard, fur, and of course elegant gowns. Once I get more information from the press and more photos pour in, I will keep you updated straight from the runway!

No comments:

Post a Comment