Thursday, February 17, 2011

Triple Threat Thursday!

So I decided to kill 3 birds with one stone in this post, even though I really hate that saying. I mean when you think about, it's such a mean saying, I don't want to kill any birds. Poor birds...

Anyway, so the next e.l.f. color I chose to do was called Royal Purple, which actually isn't very purple at all.


Obviously this looks pink. In the sunlight the color is more of a magenta, it does have a nice shimmer to it in person. If you look closely enough (in person) you can see some blue-purple flecks in the shimmer. Kind of like periwinkle.. yeah totally periwinkle. It does look a little more purple in the shade, but not by much. It's definitely far from royal purple as the name suggests, it's very misleading. Other than that, it's a good polish, no complaints. Good coverage, good pigmentation. It does dry a little dull, like the other one so I do suggest a top coat. Here, I have on 2 coats and a top coat.

So I decided to do double duty with the last color from the trio. It's called Moonlight and I decided to compare it to Wet n' Wild Shield that I haven't reviewed yet.

From left to right:
Moonlight
Shield
Moonlight
Shield

Moonlight is an off white, beigey color with a pearl finish and Shield is a bronzey color with silver, gold and maybe even some orange glitter. You can see that Moonlight is pretty sheer, but its actually very well pigmented. Since I literally just put these on, I got to compare drying times. They both dried very fast, but Shield was faster but not by much. Both are a little on the sheer side, so I would suggest 3 coats, I have 2 of each on here.

Out of the jewel tone trio, I think that Dark Navy is my favorite, but they're all nice polishes. No complaints for $1.50 for 3 polishes!

I'm excited for the next mani I'm planning on doing. I won't spoil the surprise so you will all have to wait until Saturday!

Until next time,
The Wicked

No comments:

Post a Comment