Friday, February 11, 2011

Its a Celebration!

Today is a very special day. It's my sister's birthday! So, I decided to do a celebratory mani in honor of that.

(wow my hand looks funny here)


The first 2 pictures are in the shade and the last 2 are in the sunlight. My camera is having serious focus issues so I apologize for that. But, on to the nails. So, I have one 1 coat of OPI Alpine Snow, then a light coat of Wet n' Wild Glitz, then a coat of OPI Simmer and Shimmer, then a coat of Sally Hansen In the Spotlight and finally a coat of Seche Vite to smooth it all out. So I have 3 coats of glitters in total. The Sally Hansen In the Spotlight is really more of a confetti type top coat so its strands of glitter. I'll have to put it on a darker color to show you what it really looks like. The inspiration for this was vanilla frosting with sprinkles! The different color glitter and the strands of silver confetti glitter really achieve the look of sprinkles. In person, you can clearly see all the different glitters and it looks pretty cool.

Before I did the birthday look, I actually succumbed to the Hallmark holiday that is Valentine's Day.
I decided to knock out the Valentine's Day thing and a ruffian manicure all in one shot.



This is called a ruffian manicure, I really don't know why, but I think it's cool. It was actually much easier than I thought it would be. You do your 1st coat normally, then you start each coat after that a little lower. It takes a pretty steady hand, but with some practice its very simple. 

I have a coat of OPI Alpine Snow, then a coat of Wet n' Wild Lust (which is pink, I'll be using and reviewing in my next post) then I added a coat of Sally Hansen Cherry Red and then finally to spice it up a coat of Revlon Galaxy. I was disappointed when I realized that Lust and Cherry red were so similar. It was really hard to see the Lust. I was trying to kind of replicate those valentine's you made as a kid. You know, when you cut out a heart that's one color then smaller hearts in different colors and glued each one inside the other. Yeah, I loved making those. You can kind of see the pink from the side view, but not as well as I had hoped :( But I think it looked pretty cool anyway.

There's more fun stuff to come this weekend so check back!!

Until next time,
The Wicked


No comments:

Post a Comment