Saturday, February 5, 2011

Wet n' Wild Goodies: Glitz!

Yesterday while I was roaming around at the mall, I stopped to buy some medicine at this store called Thriftway. It's a mix between a dollar store and CVS. Pretty snazzy. So while in the medicine aisle, something caught my eye. I had originally ventured into the mall to find something to post about, and I found it in Thriftway! I stumbled upon the Wet n' Wild display and these super cute bottles caught my attention. I ended up getting 3 of them (my boyfriend actually bought them for me) and for $1.99 each I might go back and get some more!

Here is the first one, it's called Glitz
Oh man, it was just so pretty and glittery that I couldn't help myself. I'm not really much of a pink girl, actually I really dislike pink, but is just something about glitter polishes that I love. And look at that bottle! So cute! It's way different from the usual Wet n' Wild bottles. I love that the bottle is round and that the top has a design on it, it's really great. 

                              
Here is the picture of the top and brush. I thought it was worth showing because, as you can see, the brush is super small. It makes the application a bit annoying because the small brush can't hold as much polish, but once you get used to holding it, it isn't that bad. I wish that the brush was a little longer to make up for the hugeness of the top.

This is a picture with flash, you can really see the glitter.

This is without flash, it's closer to the actual color. I found the color kind of hard to capture, you can see it best in the picture of the bottle but you can't see all the different colors of glitter. There's a magenta like pink glitter, a lighter pink glitter, and some really pretty sky blue glitter. The magenta and light pink mix to make a really nice medium pink, and when it mixes with the blue it has a really slight light purple tint. I think I also like it because it reminds me of the great OPI glitters. It does also somewhat remind me of the pink Katy Perry polish, probably because its pink lol but it's completely different. I feel like you don't see many glitters besides from big name brands, and this one really impressed me. I'm used to the Wet n' Wild polishes that are super sheer, take 4 coats to look opaque and can just be a nightmare, but this was great. 

I did 4 coats in these pictures. 3 was fine, but it looked a little sparse to me. Because the brush is smaller, the glitter in each coat is sparser. A bigger brush would definitely fix that. It was a very good application, a lot like the OPI's and it dries very fast too. I really suggest this glitter, it went way beyond my expectations.

Also, I wanted to mention that gilt.com is going to be having a Deborah Lippmann sale on Tuesday the 8th. Gilt is a members only, private sale site, so you'd have to sign up to see the sale. But I'll be checking it out to see how the prices are. If they're any good I'll let you guys know! So if you're a member, be sure to check that out!

Until next time,
The Wicked

No comments:

Post a Comment