Friday, July 22, 2011

Clinique Pore Minimizer Instant Perfector



Price- $18

I bought this a while back because I had read pretty good reviews about it. I decided to give it a try considering I do have a few enlarged pores on my nose. At the time of purchase I completely forgot this came in three different shades, so I just grabbed one. Later, when I got home I realized I bought it in 02 invisible deep, which is for darker skin tones. I didn't feel like going back to return it so I tried it anyways.

 Even though this shade was for darker skin tones, when I applied it and blended it, it completely disappeared. As soon as you apply it you can feel that it has eliminated all the oil on your skin. It gives a matte finish, which is great for oily skin or combination skin. However, I did not notice that it made my pores appear any smaller. 

But it does work as a great primer if you want your makeup to last longer since it gives you a matte finish. However, I do recommend to use either a primer or this product, not both! One night that I was going out I decided to put primer and the Clinique Pore Minimizer. Once I applied the foundation it looked too matte, almost like dry skin. I do have combination skin but I do not like having a matte finish because then my skin feels too tight. I only get oily on my t-zone, so using both products made the rest of my face feel really dry to a point that it was very uncomfortable. Therefore, I always try to have a dewy more natural finish. If you have really oily skin then maybe you can use both the primer and Clinique Pore Minimizer. 

Overall, this product is great to help control the oil in your skin, however it does not dramatically get rid of your enlarged pores. So if that's what you are looking for, I recommend trying something else. 

Until next time, 
The Wicked

No comments:

Post a Comment