Friday, July 1, 2011

Minions!!

I was again inspired by Despicable Me, the minions are just so cute.


First I tested it out on my thumb and Kevin was born! He was my favorite. 

Then, a few days later came the rest! My sister and I named them all. Left to right: Larry, David, Phil and Stewart.

Obviously I had to use a slew of different polishes. The base is Sally Hansen Instra-Dri in Lightening, the overalls are Sally Hansen Xtreme wear in Blue it, the eyes are OPI Alpine Snow and You Don't Know Jacques, the goggles are Sally Hansen Xtreme wear in Gunmetal and Sinful Colors Black on Black, the hair and mouths are also Black on Black. For the ones with their mouths open, I used Alpine Snow and some unnamed Milani pink mixed with white. And finally, I used a coat of Seche Vite.

I had them for a pretty long time by my standards and you can kind of see the wear at the tips. But I loved them and actually kind of miss them now that they're gone. 

Also, if you haven't heard of the blog Burgers and Nails, you should definitely check it out. I submitted a picture of my minions here and a burger, so keep an eye out for that. Hopefully it'll go up in a few weeks.

Until next time,
The Wicked

No comments:

Post a Comment