Monday, January 30, 2012

Super Mini Ulta Haul!

I've been kind of on a makeup binge recently, and I've made a bunch of purchases over the past month/ month and a half. I thought I'd show you the stuff that I bought from Ulta.com!

NYX Slide On, Glide On, Stay On & Definitely A Turn On Water proof, Extreme Shine Eye Liner (yeah, the name is really that long).
On the left is Tropical Green and on the right in Jet Black.

The point of the pencil. Look familiar? Yep, just like Urban Decay's 24/7 Glide On Eye Pencils

Left to right:
Tropical Green- Metallic forest green
Jet Black- Matte black

So there are NYX dupes of the Urban Decay 24/7  Glide On Eye Pencils. Many of the colors are really similar, you can find a lot of comparative swatches online. Urban Decay may have more color options (NYX has 18 colors to Urban Decays 26 colors) , but quality wise, can't say one is better than the other. There are super smooth and SO pigmented. My swatches are literally one really light swipe over bare skin. They definitely last as well, I tested out Jet black as eyeliner on my upper lid and it would not budge. Lasted without smudging for about two days! (then I rubbed it off lol). Now I use these on my lower lash line and waterline and they last pretty much all day. On the waterline they don't last as long, but that's just the nature of your waterline.

These are $8, opposed to $18 each for Urban Decay. Love the price, love the quality, definitely will repurchase.


NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream
On the left is Istanbul and Stockholm on the right.

Istanbul, Stockholm

Left to right:
Istanbul- a nude pink
Stockholm- nude 

These really were the product of a new found lip product obsession I had (it's pretty much over now). I was really looking for something completely nude, no shimmer, no shine and I found these and they are perfect! The applicator is a traditional doe foot applicator, and it does the job just fine. The texture of these is awesome, really smooth with really nice pigmentation and coverage. They are kind the perfect combination of lipstick and lip gloss, without the gloss! I really like these and they actually last a long time without really rubbing off. I found that Istanbul is closer to my lip color so its pretty much the perfect natural nude lip color, while Stockholm is more skin tone colored so it makes my lips a little more orangey tone to them. 

These are $5.99 a piece, but I took advantage of the buy one NYX item get one 50% off offer, so I got these for $3 each. Not a bad deal at all!!

Lorac TANtalizer Baked Bronzer

Lorac TANtalizer Baked Bronzer 

Lorac TANtalizer Baked Bronzer  

This is actually a  mini of the Lorac TANtalizer Baked Bronzer, I'm guessing the regular size is much bigger. If you go on the website, this looks much more pink than it actually is, so don't be fooled! It is also very very shimmery, which isn't that great for bronzer because you can't contour with it, so I decided to use it as blush and I love it!

This was only $6, which I think is great for a Lorac product. Also, it says mini, but it is actually much bigger than I expected and has a lot of product in it. Definitely a good deal if you want to try out some Lorac.

Sorry this is such a late post btw!! I had a super busy day. Wanna hear my schedule?!!
Here goes: Did homework, went to my first class (waste), then had a meeting, second class (pretty much a meeting), another meeting, third class, and another meeting! Then commute home and watch Pretty Little Liars and finally blog post!

Yep, serious business.

Until next time,
The Wicked

No comments:

Post a Comment