Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Finger Paints Special Effects Asylum!

So here comes the next big thing! Flakie polishes! This is definitely going to be the "crackle" of 2012, with a bunch of companies already coming out with flakie collections. The first to really come out with a full ' collection' is Finger Paints with their Special Effects collection. This collection has five different flakie top coats and I ended up buying two! Today I have Asylum for you!


One coat of Asylum over one coat of Sinful Colors Black on Black. You may have to enlarge this picture for more detail. This particular polish has mainly red and blue flakes, as you can see in the photo. If you look closely at the edges you can see the yellow and green flash. The blue also flashes purple which you can kind of see on my index finger. I really love the combination of colors in this one, I haven't seen a flakie polish like this before.

This polish is jam packed with flakes, it's amazing. Each coat gives you a nice, pretty even layer of flakes, I have one coat in the picture, but I actually prefer two. On the down side, it does take a while to dry, so a fast drying top coat definitely helps. Even with the top coat be careful, because even if your nails seem dry, you may dent or scratch off the polish if you're not careful. 

The other colors in the collection are Twisted (my favorite, which I'll show you in my next post), Motley, Flecked and Flashy. Each have a different color combination of flakes, but they're all awesome. These are exclusive to Sally Beauty and should be available everywhere now. Flakies are definitely the new big thing, and I love it! These are $5.49 each, which is a pretty good price if you ask me. 

Until next time,
The Wicked

No comments:

Post a Comment