Sunday, January 22, 2012

New Wet n' Wild Megalast and Sally Hansen Smooth and Perfect Color Care Collections!

Last time I was at Harmon's Discount, I noticed some new displays and had to take pictures of them for you guyssss

The first one I saw was this new Sally Hansen Smooth and Perfect Color Care collection


The display says "Hides ridges with a breathable, porcelain smooth finish"
- Promotes stronger, healthier looking nails
-Allows 20% more oxygen to reach nails
-Streak free
- Patented formula

So this seems to be boasting a lighter, healthier formula for you nails. The colors are all pastels and neutrals and I'm pretty sure they are all creme finishes. I think they ran around $4-5 a bottle, but I can't really remember.


Then I saw this new Wet n' Wild Megalast collection

The display says "Salon- quality opaque color provides 5 days of long lasting, chip resistant wear."

The first thing I thought of was Sally Hansen Salon Complete Salon Manicure polishes. The bottle shape is pretty similar, but not exactly the same and it seems to advertise the same sort of quality. These are nice bright colors that are great for spring and there were also some neutral shades thrown in. All these polishes also had creme finishes and they are $1.99, wayyyyy cheaper than their Sally Hansen counterparts. My grandma actually picked up two of the shades that I have swatches of below!

Wet n' Wild Megalast in Through the Grapevine, one coat. This is actually a little darker and a little more purple in real life. My camera decided to make everything look lighter that particular day. Anyway, this is a creme purpley-pink color. 

Wet n' Wild Megalast in Candy-licious, one coat. This one is actually more bubblegum pink in real life, definitely a little darker and brighter than in the picture. 

So the formula on these is AWESOME. Seriously. They were both completely opaque in one coat, which is amazing. The formula is smooth and has great coverage and pigmentation. The brush is a little odd, it's one of those flat, beaver tail like brushes, but not too bad. I think the awesomeness of the formula makes up for it. I'm completely impressed and I'll probably be going back to the store to get a few more of these to see if the formula is this good across the board.

Have any of you seen or tried any of these new collections?


Until next time,
The Wicked

No comments:

Post a Comment