Thursday, March 17, 2011

Zebra Comparison!

Before I had my Konad, I tried to do some patterns by hand (I tried leopard once and that was a ridiculous fail). One day I found a picture of someone that did a free hand zebra print, so I went out and bought the polish she used and tried for myself.

I'm pretty sure the base coat is OPI Alpine Snow and the black is Nicole by OPI Razzle Dazzle. You just wipe the brush across your nail and it comes out like this. You just have to make sure you have the right amount of polish on the brush. If there's too much, the lines will be too thick and won't taper properly and if there isn't enough polish, the lines will be streaky and won't look right. Another major issue for me was that it was easy to do the pattern with my right hand, but when it came to my left hand, yeah it just didn't want to work. So one hand came out obviously better than the other, and it took about 4 tries before it came out decently. So, if you're not ambidextrous, this could be tedious and difficult.

And to compare, this is a close up of the zebra print I did from my Manglaze meets Konad post. Obviously it looks much cleaner and is so much easier to to do on both hands. It doesn't require for you to be ambidextrous, a steady enough hand will do. So, I totally prefer the Konad. 

Until next time,
The Wicked

No comments:

Post a Comment