Friday, March 25, 2011

Upcoming MAC Collection: Mischievous Mint!

Thanks to a very good friend of mine aka my best friend, I was able to get my hands on one of the polishes from MAC's upcoming spring collection, that should be available April/May.




This is Mischievous Mint! I've been meaning to get a nice mint color, and then this metaphorically fell into my lap. It's a really nice, perfect mint creme. The color really hits the nail on the head, it reminds me of mint ice cream (now I want mint ice cream!). Here, I have on 2 coats and a top coat. The formula looks like it would be fine, but the actual application wasn't as great as I'd thought it would be. For some reason the polish came out strangely streaky and bubbly/lumpy. It did smooth out a bit when it was drying, but I added the top coat to ensure a smooth finish. This might have been because my bottle is a sample, hopefully when the actual collection comes out the formula is fixed.

Besides that formula mishap, I adore this color. I've wanted a nice minty color for a long time and I love this one. The color is perfect, not too green, not too blue, and it looks great in the creme finish. I can't wait until this collection comes out!

Until next time,
The Wicked

No comments:

Post a Comment