Saturday, March 26, 2011

MAC Iridescent Loose Powder in Silver Dusk


MAC Silver Dusk, is one of my of my favorite products. It is a loose powder with a mix of Mica and pigments. I use this everyday to highlight my cheeks and it gives a really nice glow to the skin. I also use it in the inner corner of my eye to help brighten my eyes.
 The price is $23.00 but it is worth it, even if you use it everyday it last foreverrrrr, since so little of it is needed. You'll need a bit on your brush, tap off the excess and apply it on your cheek bones. When the light hits your cheeks it will give you a very nice and natural glow especially in photos. Sometimes I also you it as an eyeshadow base, I just the color of it. It is like a champagne color. I recommend getting this shade if you have light skin or a pink/cool undertone. If you have a tanned or darker skin tone you should try the other shade named Golden Bronze. It is the same exact product just that this is one is a bronzed color. This is a great product for those with dull skin because it brings out a glow. I was introduced to this product by my makeup teacher and since then been hooked on it. 
The only con I have is that it can be messy, so be careful not to drop it because it is a loose powder. I am very clumsy and always drop it, then I have shimmer covering everything not a pleasant experience to clean up. 


I was trying to get a photo of it but it is very hard to photograph, however the swatch on MAC's website is a very good swatch. This is exactly the color . But it will not look like this on your face unless you wear a ton of it and trust me that's not what you want. You will have a champagne colored patch of shimmer on your face, not cool. Therefore, remember less is more!!!


Until next time, 
The Wicked 

No comments:

Post a Comment