Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Tarino Tarantino Empire!

I've actually been eyeing this polish at Sephora.com for a while, but it's been sold out. So, on my most recent trip to Sephora (I ventured to get Urban Decay's Heavy Metal eyeliner in Spandex, which will be reviewed soon) when I was scouring the sale stuff I saw it! Three of them actually, so I grabbed one! Hah victory! After my Black Shatter overspending fail, this made me feel much better! The money I saved on this pretty much evened out my overspending. So, here it is!

This is the box, I like the holo effect




(in the shade)

(in the sunlight)
This color was seriously impressively pigmented and the application was really nice and smooth. The color is a shimmery in the light, but it's hard to capture, you can kind of see it in the bottle. It does really remind me of the Sally Hansen Pixel Pretty from a few posts ago. I'll probably do a comparison a little later on, but as far as I can tell, Pixel Pretty is more sheer and more frosty. Empire is nicely opaque with just one coat, but its perfect with 2. I also have a top coat on here. I would just warn everyone to make sure that the brush doesn't have too much polish on it. I did have a tiny issue of having too much polish on the brush and it gets kind of unevenly dispersed. Other than that this polish was great! If Tarina decided on coming out with new polishes I would definitely buy them. 

I wanted to show you all how awesome and shimmery the cap of the bottle was lol I wish that color was a polish! It's actually pretty close to one of the Orly Cosmic FX polishes, Galaxy Girl maybe?


Here it is with the Black Shatter. I opted out of a top coat just to show you all how it looks pretty matte. It's actually a little shinier in real life, but it really does need a top coat if you want it to be full gloss. Nice either way. I do hear that it starts to chip off without a top coat, so I'll test that out.

Also, if anyone has any requests for posts, we'd love to hear them! Drop us a comment or an email!

Until next time,
The Wicked

No comments:

Post a Comment